5/6th GRADE BOYS
Spring BOYS LACROSSE league
Spring is the official lacrosse season, and the On Point Lacrosse Club will be forming teams to participate in the San Diego Youth Lacrosse Association (SDYLA) Spring League. OPLC coaches will guide players through practices and games to develop lacrosse skills, sportsmanship, and team work.
Ages: Experienced 5/6th grade boys - (Beginner players click HERE)
Schedule: 2 practices/week & league games on Saturdays. More schedule details below.
DETAILS: TAP + SIGN FOR MORE DETAILS ON EACH TOPIC
Spring League Fee: $430
- Team Fee - $365
- Uniform Fee - $65
- Total = $430 Payable by check only. Details in registration.
+ REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
- Required Equipment: lacrosse helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, stick, mouth guard, and athletic supporter (cup.) Rent or purchase by clicking the "INFO" tab at the top of our site. If you are brand new to lacrosse we can loan you equipment for a few weeks while you try it out.
+ PRACTICE & GAME SCHEDULE
- Practices: We practice Mondays & Wednesdays (and a couple Fridays in the early season to prepare for the first game.) Regular season starts February 20 and runs though the first week of May. All practices are at Dusty Rhodes Park. There will be no team practices during the SDUSD Spring Break 3/23 - 3/31. Click here for complete practice schedule
- Games: Schedule HERE Click on your division - 5/6B (Maroon team) or 5/6A (Gray team.) Games will be held Saturdays March 2 - May 4. There will be no games during the SDUSD Spring Break 3/23 - 3/31. Saturday games could be at any time morning or afternoon. There may be one Sunday or weekday game as well. Schedule is released in late February. The league organizers create the schedule and dictate how far and how often we travel. Away games are rarely more than a 30 minute drive. Typical opponents include but are not limited to 4S Ranch, Alpine, Coronado, Carmel Valley, East County, La Jolla, Encinitas, Penasquitos, San Carlos, Scripps Ranch, South Bay, Tierrasanta, Valley Center.
- Playoffs: Regular season ends May 4. If we qualify for the playoffs practices will continue on May 6 & 8th and playoff games will be May 11 (round of 16), 14 (quarter finals), 16 (semi-finals) & 18th (championship.)
+ PHOTO DAY
+ PLHS Senior Night & OPLC Night
Friday May 3rd - On Point youth players will attend the PLHS Boys lacrosse senior night game. The game will be followed by a PLHS/OPLC Lacrosse pizza party!
|2019 5/6th GRADE PRACTICE SCHEDULE
|MONTH||PRACTICE DAYS||OFF DAYS||TIME|
|NOTE: We have a few Friday (F) practices in the early season
||February||Feb. 20, 22(F), 25, 27||4:00-5:30pm|
|March||Mar. 1(F), 4, 6, 11*, 13, 18, 20||Mar. 25, 27||4:00-5:30/6:00pm|
|NOTE: *Practice changes to 4:00-6:00pm starting 3/11
|April||Apr. 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29||4:00-6:00pm|
|May||May 1 (End of regular season)||4:00-6:00pm|
|Playoffs||Teams that qualify for the playoffs will continue to practice & play from 5/6 to 5/18 (depending on how far we advance.)|
|Game schedules will be available late February|